Friday, March 13, 2009

Where is Bridget?

It's been 2 weeks that I've been in a fog and I look around my house and realize that some housekeeping is in order. I wonder what Bridget has been up to all this time...she really has been slacking of lately. Now, for those of you that don't know, Bridget is the fictitious family maid that gets blamed when chores are not done. I have a feeling she has taken a leave of absence for a while. Although there are signs that she has cleaned in the bathroom while I was at work yesterday since no one has claimed responsibility for the random act of cleaning in there. Well, that was one of the major projects I had planned for this weekend so maybe I'll actually get some of the projects further down the list done this weekend. Without having to deal with the bathroom clutter mess it will take no time at all to mop up the floor (I have the tiniest bathroom ever created so not much floor space) and scrub the tub. I think I will leave the livingroom to the rest of the members of the household and move straight to the kitchen. It would seem that people are afraid to clean that room because they are afraid I will get mad at their choices of where things go. It also shouldn't take me more than a day to reorganize it anyway, which is more than likely why it has been left to me. The Squee baby has only just started using the kitchen regularly on her own under my watchful but distant gaze. I've had to hold in a lot just letting her do these things herself, but I realize that she won't learn if I keep stepping in and showing her how. That always seems to end in me doing it all and she won't learn that way. So, as long as it's a feasible method of getting from point A to point B I let it go. This can be very difficult at times. But, back to the cleaning and reorganizing thing. Squee has no idea where the best placement of implements is to facilitate common kitchen tasks. I can tell her where to put things as I reorganize, but it usually takes a whole lot less time for me to just do it myself. (in some cases I try several spots until I get the right one, and that frustrates her) The entire kitchen needs to be done to make room for an armour to house my dishes, glasses, and pots & pans. I am way excited about this. All these things residing in one place; sheer heaven in my book. Not some pans here, some over there, dishes creeping into the foodstuffs cupboards, stuff I use a lot on the top shelves that I can't reach...get the picture? I'm kinda jazzed after my hair appointment today because we talked a lot about redoing rooms and organizing stuff. It's like I can see the end of the tunnel...and there really is light at the end. So, wish me luck in my endevor to finally get this big chore done this weekend. I'll let you know how it went. I'll also tell you if I find Bridget cowering in a cupboard somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I can assure you that Bridget has not ~ NOT ~ been here at mine. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF...and that's a big if...I find her in the cupboard I will send her over once she finishes her chores here.

    ReplyDelete