Monday, October 26, 2009

Remember Me?

Wow, it's been a looong time since I've written anything here. Fear not, I have not been turning all my attentions to the facebook page I have either. That page is almost as barren as this one. I've just been absolutely speechless most of the summer. Work has been crazy-busy this summer and I've had little energy to devote to writing it all down. Not that you would have seen it here though since I try to leave work out of this page unless it's something special. I am looking forward to my week of vacation coming up. I will have the week of Squee's birthday off. She will be 13 and she is almost taller than me. I figure by Christmas she will tower over me. This was to be expected though given that her father is 6' 3". Luck for me, this year she has decided to be a black cat for Halloween. A black cat with pink hair to give it an anime flair I should add. Nothing normal in this household by any stretch of the imagination and that's the way I like it. I also like the fact that I won't have to break out the sewing machine this year or spend hours working on the costume as I have in years past. All I need is a black turtleneck shirt and we will be good to go. In the event we don't get to the store to get her one I do have one or two of my own for the cause to pick from. So, all I have to do is brush out her wig from last year and we will be good to go. It will probably come as no surprise that I already own ears and a cat tail from one of my previous costumes. I usually dress for Halloween when I'm at work. The little one's that will be missing Halloween because they are sick really like it when the pharmacy staff are all dressed up. It's like they didn't miss all of the fun. I'm not sure if I will be dressing up this year, I haven't given it much thought. It's on Saturday this year which is a short day for me so I most likely will. I'll probably just use my gypsy fortune teller costume from last year. If I could wear it for 14 hours last year I can certainly wear it for 10 hours this year. Well, I'll try to keep you posted on that one. Time to go. I have a Squee child to annoy since she's home from school now. Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment