Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How does this happen?

I got onto amazon.com to order copies of a book a friend of mine just got published. It's a romance novel if anyone is interested titled "Falling in Love," byPauline Trent. (hey, had to get the plug in there for her) I put 3 copies into my basket (one for me, my mother, and my sister) . Funny thing is that because the books weren't so expensive I decided to keep looking. Before I knew what had happened there were 3 books and 6 seasons of anime videos in my basket (3 seasons of 2 different titles). I got really good deals getting each set of 3 together, I checked it out at my regular anime order sites and I saved about $10 on each season, so $60 total (and it qualified for free shipping...another plus these days). I should also add that one of the titles wasn't specifically for me it was for the Big Bear. Although, I will probably watch it at some point myself. I should also add that my birthday is next week and since I have most of the week off I will need something to occupy my time so I don't drive the family totally nuts. If I don't have anything occupying my time I find things for everybody to do, and they usually involve chore type projects. This became apparent when my daughter was still a toddler and I was off work for a week. Now to defend my husband, this was his baby girl, daddy's girl. She could get away with several things from him but not from me. I think I had just instructed her to put some of her toys away in her room while I went to the livingroom to work on stuff. She came out about 15 minutes later and told me, "mommy, you just go to work. okay?" The she went back to her room. Now, she had never complained about having to clean up before but then I realized. I only told her to do it on the days I was home all day. So, she was used to hearing it 3 or 4 times a week. She wasn't used to hearing it every single day for a week. Now that she is older, she does hear it every day because she's hit that age that she would rather do other teenagery (hey, that's a recognized word, sorry I digress) things. I put it that way because she hides in her room like it's a cave. I check on her periodically, call her out for dinner, she eventually ends up back in there. It doesn't appear that she's trying to hide anything. She even leaves the door wide open before she goes to school in the morning. I don't generally snoop, but I do peek in from time to time when the door is open for signs of any "bad stuff" and we'll leave it at that. I just realized that I just took a major side trip in this post. I thought about deleting the parts that didn't pertain to the beginning topic, but decided to leave it intact as this is the way my mind works. You should all be a little scared right about now.

1 comment:

  1. Why thank you. :) And somehow, this whole post made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete