Monday, February 9, 2009

A Normal Day at the Barn

This is my short week at work which means I've just worked an ungodly number of hours last week and am decompressing. The ritual begins Monday morning with coffee and a call to mom. I have a very good relationship with my mother and I attribute many of my better qualities to her teachings and warmth over the years. We talk about this and that, usually it's just a catch up on what my brother and sister are up to since I don't have much time to call them on my long week at work. It's also a nice way to ease into my day off after the squee child has gone to school. After that I usually hop online to check out what the world has been up to while I've been away. I check out the news, although the big bear (my husband) usually gives me the highlights and tells me of any important things I might want to check out. Somehow, this usually takes me straight into the time the squee child gets home from school. There is the usual how was school today conversation before she goes off to her room to do her homework. I suppose today I will need to erradicate the clutter mess in the livingroom in the time the child resides in her room until dinner. She is a "preteen" so she keeps to herself in her room until dinnertime when she has to be sociable. I can usually coerce her out of her room earlier by suggesting a game of "Smash Bros. Brawl". I fear though that the teenage years are creeping up and that may not work for too much longer. Maybe it would be a good activity for later today though. I am not sure of what will happen after dinner tonight, that varies. So, now that I have thouroughly bored all of you with a rather mundane list of daily activities at least you've gotten to peek into a day in my life. This is really just an outline. In any given week (or day with a "preteen") disaster can strike so I like to keep it simple in case I need to alter my plans to fit the situation. Like when a week before Halloween my daughter who up until this point said she was too old for a halloween costume decided she not only needed a costume for the school party but it needed to be a cosplay anime costume! ack! Well, between the 3 of us (husband included) we got it done in about a week and the child was happy with it. So, you kind of have to read between the lines because my life is pretty far from boring.

1 comment:

  1. See...I love this kind of post. Makes me feel as if we don't have as much geography between us. And since I'm good at reading between your lines, I can only imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete